Sunday, February 14, 2010

Breakfasts I Dream Of

For me, breakfast is hands down the best meal to go out for. It tends to be cheaper than lunch or dinner, even crappy restaurants can scramble some eggs, and there are so many great things that can be done with potatoes, eggs and bacon. I almost always a savory breakfast girl, although I can often be convinced to partake of the community pancake (single pancake of some decadent flavor like chocolate chip shared by all at the table as an appetizer or dessert).

Given that breakfast is my favorite, there are three particular breakfasts that catch my fancy. They are as follows:

1)Potato Gnocchi from the Front Room: Delicious gnocchi with bacon nubbins topped with spinach, poached eggs and Hollandaise sauce...I will say no more.

2) Veggie Homie Plate from Bayou Kitchen: Better home fries than any where else in Portland (stay tuned, Peter promises he's gonna write about his fascination with the grill top at the Bayou) topped with sauteed veggies and cheese.

3) Fried Green Tomato Eggs Benedict from Hot Suppa: Exactly what it sounds like and really fabulous.

If we're going out for breakfast, Peter has to work very hard to convince me to go somewhere other than one of those three places, and it is a rare day if we go to one of those places I don't order the dishes mentioned. My theory is I have plenty of variety in the rest of my life!

1 comment: