Sunday, May 9, 2010

Where were all the people?

Peter and I were treated to a most wonderful dinner last night, by my parents who were in town. The service was great, the food was great, the decor was lovely and atmosphere just right, and yet somehow there were far too many empty tables!

I definitely come by my taste for good food honestly as both of my parents also quite enjoy a good meal. I wanted to try with them a new restaurant that I had heard good things about, and so Evangeline it was. I had chosen it because I have eaten a few times at Bresca, where the chef of Evangeline's wife is the chef and have enjoyed it each time. We were not disappointed.

We started with fiddle head and gruyere beignets which were delicious. We each had a beet and goat cheese salad (you can never gone wrong there!). We each tried something different for our main course -- mine was a roast duck with beluga lentils, Peter had cod, my mother had chicken and my father had steak and pom frites. All were delicious as were our various desserts. My father put the responsibility of wine in the hands of our waiter who preformed beautifully. I can't remember now what we drank, but both bottles went perfectly with the meal.

And throughout the entirety of this delicious meal, with fabulous service, more than half of the restaurant was empty. Having not eaten there before I don't know if this is a trend or just an off night, but, not that I have eaten there, I will recommend Evangeline highly to anyone that is listening!

No comments:

Post a Comment